Wilsons Lawyers provide high quality advice and support on estate litigation, including the Superannuation Complaints Tribunal, VCAT and the Victorian Supreme Court.
We work closely with accountants, financial planners, professional trustee companies, the Office of the Public Advocate, health care professionals and other organisations to ensure that we keep up to date with current law and strategies to provide the best service for our clients.
Areas of Expertise:
- Wills (simple and complex -testamentary and protective trusts with statements of principles and wishes)
- Disputing wills including the validity of the will and the distribution of the estate under the will.
- Elderly and infirm clients (with special attention to capacity and undue influence)
- Defend deceased estates against claims (unsuccessful plaintiff ordered to pay costs)
- Remove unfit executors of deceased estate (unsuccessful executor ordered to pay costs)
- Obtain Supreme Court orders for grant of probate of unsigned Will
- Appearances before Full Court of Supreme Court on deceased estate dispute
- Appearances before Guardianship and Administration Tribunal at VCAT